Friday 15 February 2008

Gutted

Today I sat my test for the fourth time - you can't knock me for giving up - and failed again. This time, I was riding really well during my pre-test ride.That came from my instructor and he's really pedantic and lets you away with nothing. So, from him, it's a big complement.

The test was going reasonably well. I'll admit I was really nervous and was being a little more cautious. But, that's not a bad thing. Then, I got to a mini roundabout and that's where it all went wrong...

I had been told to turn right. So, I was giving way to my right, as you do. The traffic was really heavy, so I knew I'd have to take the first gap I had. A corsa coming towards me was indicating left (to turn into the road I was on) and slowing down to take the bend. Right, I thought, better take the chance, or you'll be here all day. I started to go, but all of a sudden, the corsa decided to go straight on at the roundabout.

I knew I had failed immediately, but finished the test (thankfully, it was nearly over). The examiner told me I had failed and explained what for. He was really nice and I think was also disappointed he'd had to fail me.

Initially when I'd left the test centre, I was raging (that's Scottish for very, very angry) and really annoyed with myself. I felt I was never going to pass my test. I seriously was contemplating jacking the whole idea of getting my bike licence in and selling my bike. But I spoke to my instructor again (he was dropping off another trainee at the test centre). He was gutting for me and reassured me I could ride and to get myself booked on another test.

So, I'm not giving up. Hopefully, the next time I post, it'll be to let you know I've passed.

1 comment:

Sharko said...

Keep going - if you want to! It's a confidence thing really, and it sounds like you've had some bad luck. Keep practising, and you'll be OK. Thanks for an interesting and honest read.