Sunday 8 June 2008

Additions to my bike

I've now had the Hornet for 7 weeks and am really getting into it and enjoying using it. It's all getting a lot more natural for me.

I've added a couple of accessories to the bike. They, in my humble opinion, make it look better and make maintenance easier. I've added a fender extender to the front mudguard, which helps stop too much road dirt getting into the front of the engine. I've also added a hugger to the rear wheel. This looks really good and, more importantly, stops the road dirt, salt and grime being thrown up from my back wheel into the rear suspension.

I've also bought a Scotoiler. This continuously oils the chain, so the chain and sprockets will last longer. That hasn't been fitted yet. My OH and I were going to do it yesterday, after we'd bled the brakes in the Pan and he'd changed the air filter. Changing the air filter took longer than he expected (it was supposed to be a "5 minute job"...), as 2 of the retaining screws were rusted in place and weren't for budging even with the application of penetrating oil to loosen them. The joys of "quick" jobs. The Scotoiler will be fitted one evening this week, with a but of luck.

No comments: