Wednesday 22 August 2007

Still waiting

Before I can pick up my new bike, the DVLA have to register it. For that, they needed a copy of my insurance certificate for the bike. That’s where the problems started...

As the insurance claim for my car is still ongoing, I had to wait ‘till the Monday after ordering my bike to phone the car insurance provider to find out what status of claim would be recorded against me. This was to allow me to correctly declare the claims I have had (one) in the last 3 years. So far, I’m 2 says since ordering my bike.

I then phoned round the brokers for a quote and bought a policy I was happy with. The broker told me it would be 3-5 working days until my insurance documents got to me. I thought to myself, knowing my luck, it’ll take the full 5 days. Add to that a postal strike...great. To save a bit of time, I asked for them to send a cover note to the dealer. I carefully spelled out the address very carefully, but the person I was speaking to wasn’t the fizziest can in fridge. The dealer didn’t get it. Also, the insurance documents took the full 5 days.

Last Tuesday, I dropped the insurance certificate off at the dealer. He stated the DVLA says it takes 3-5 working days to process the documentation, though in his experience the local office will process it there and then. Well, I called the dealer today as it’s more than 5 working days since they took the documentation to the DVLA local office. As you may have guessed, they still haven’t received the documentation from the DVLA. I love the civil service, don’t you? The person I spoke to \t the dealer also stated they were now chasing the DVLA. Hopefully I’ll get a phone call tomorrow telling me it’s ready.

I can’t even get annoyed with the dealer, as the delay has been cause by things totally outwith their control. Besides, my bike is sitting waiting for me, the dealer just needs the paperwork.

No comments: