Thursday 13 March 2008

Got there eventually

Today, I sat my bike test for the sixth time and, finally, passed. It wasn't so much of euphoria I felt, but relief that I had finally been able to show the examiner that I was capable of riding a motorbike.

My OH commented that I might need to change the name of this blog - I still think I'm a trainee biker. For a start, I am on a restricted licence, so I can't ride a bike with a power output above 33bhp. I am old enough to have done direct access, but lets face it, it took 6 attempts to pass on a 125. I'd have never got there on a big bike.

Now, as much as I really enjoy riding the EN125, and I can get it to 70mph (on a hill, with a following tailwind, while red lining the engine), I would like to get something will a little more power. I know there are restrictor kits out there, which restrict the bike to 33bhp, but I'm still not sure I'd be happy riding a big bike. I'm only wee and didn't think I've the confidence for a big bike.

I'll just have to save my pennies and keep an eye out for a nice 250 machine. In the meantime, I'll have fun on the EN. It was a great feeling taking the L plates off this afternoon!!!

No comments: