Sunday 24 August 2008

I've only gone and done it!

I needed a new helmet. The old one wasn't too bad, but was uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time. Well, when I say uncomfortable, that's possibly a little strong, but I did notice I was getting a sore neck. Although my old helmet was not heavy, a few grams makes a difference, especially with the additional weight of the mic and headphones for the Autocom.

Naturally, I visited my favourite bike shop - Forth Gear in South Queensferry. After trying a couple of models, I found the Shoei Raid II fitted best and was most comfortable. Sold. I had a choice of colours and designs, but plumped for plain black - so much easier to accessorise!!!

A few days later, my OH and I went for a ride two-up on his bike. Only then did I realise what I'd done - we now appear to have his and her helmets!!! My excuse is his is a different model. Not that you'd know unless really close...perhaps I should have got the slightly satanish design - that definitely would have made a statement arriving at church!

P.S Hi Jo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze. See you next week, will be up Thursday evening.
J
XXxx