Tuesday 30 September 2008

Got stung

At the moment, as a result of fitting heated grips to the Hornet, I don't have bar ends. This doesn't affect the handling, but looks odd. My OH thought bar ends from a Pan would fit, as they are designed to have heated grips. He removed one from his bike and they fitted well. In particular, the throttle didn't foul.

I found a used set on ebay. The seller stated they were undamaged, so I bidded and won them. Bar ends are keyed on the inside, so they wont turn as a result of the vibration from the bike. When the set I bought via ebay arrived, 1 of them had obviously been cut at this key point with a hacksaw. I contacted the seller who, in effect, stated "you got them cheap, tough".

I'll just have to chalk that one down to experience. I've bought and sold on ebay a reasonable bit and haven't had any issues that the seller wasn't willing to help solve, so it won't put me off. I did leave them negative feedback, though!

I did find aftermarket bar ends for the Pan at Busters, so I shall be ordering a set from there. The question now - what colour?

No comments: