Tuesday 14 July 2009

Second opinion

As part of the legal proceedings resulting from the crash, my hubbie and I saw an independent orthopedic consultant today.

He looked at our X-rays, asked how we were and checked the movement of our shoulders. We also had forms to fill and give to him. Those asked how the "accident" (I don't like calling it that as it implies no blame) had affected us, in terms of work, hobbies, domestic activities and psychologically. We gave very thorough answers and compared notes to ensure neither of us had missed anything.

I mentioned about the strange numbness I get in my left hand and forearm to the consultant. By checking the difference in the sweat of my left and right hand he confirmed I'd sustained nerve damage. Nice. I'll have to learn to live with these sensations, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Now the consultant will submit a report to our solicitor and we wait to see what happens next. Somehow, I think this is going to be a long process.

No comments: