Tuesday 29 April 2008

Church Without Walls

The Church in Scotland are holding a huge event over the May holiday weekend at Ingliston (next to Edinburgh airport). As part of this event, individual parish churches throughout the country are being able to showcase their work in a tented village.

My church has purchased one of these tents (which after the event will be packed up for use in emergency relief work). My OH and I have "volunteered" to be involved in the setting up of what goes in the tent. Naturally, we're going to promote the Young Church's project, Riders for Health. Prior to my acquisition of the Hornet, I was going to take my EN to the event, as it is similar to the bikes that Riders supply to health care workers. That plan's now scuppered, but never fear, the Pan European is going instead! We're going to park it outside the tent and bedeck it with information about Riders. I thought the organisers wouldn't be impressed, but we asked permission and they said yes. How cool is that! I will report how the event went after the weekend.

No comments: