Saturday 5 April 2008

My First Run

Today, I finally went out on my bike, without my L plates!!! Okay, so it was just down to my Mother-in-law's, but it's a start. The weather wasn't too bad. Dry and bright when I left, though there were a couple of hail showers when I was out; fortunately I wasn't caught in them. They'd hurt.

It was weird, though. I would have thought that given it's the same bike that I've been ridding since the end of July last year that ridding once I've passed my test would be the same, but it's not. It's something I can't put my finger on, but I think it's partly knowing I can ride a bike and also I feel more relax as it doesn't feel though I'm constantly being watched, due to the lack of L plates.

Let's hope I can get plenty of miles and experience under my belt over the next few months. Then I think I'll be in a position to start looking for a slightly bigger bike; probably a 250. In the meantime, I intend to have fun on my current machine!

No comments: