Friday 22 May 2009

MOT'd

Following our good news at the consultant's my hubbie took the Hornet for it's MOT. It was only out-of-date by a month. Oops! But, it was off-road and we weren't in a position to ride before the consultant said so.

It passed. There wasn't much surprise there, though. I bought it last year, with 1200 (genuine) miles on the clock. That was an average of 200 per year, as it was 6 years old when I bought it. Between the MOT before I bought it and the MOT the dealer did when I purchased it, it had done 17 (yes, 17!!!) miles. From the second owner's house and back.

Due to the really bad weather last summer and the crash, I hadn't been out on the Hornet as much as I would have liked, but I still doubled the mileage!!!

The thing is, although the Hornet's not a big bike, neither am I. Prior to the crash, it was almost on the limits of what I could ride, given my strength, riding experience and confidence. Now, I know it is too big for me, which is a total pain, as I really enjoy riding it.

At least my hubbie can ride it at the moment, so it's not just an expensive piece of garden furniture. In the meantime, I need to build up my strength and confidence, so I can get back on it. In the meantime, I may have to get another smaller bike. Possibly even a 125 again!

I've always go the car, but on night like tonight...well, I would have been on my bike like a shot normally. Ne'er mind, it'll all be okay in the long run.

No comments: