Monday 18 May 2009

The all clear?

My hubbie and I were back at the consultant's today. The X-rays show we're both healing, which is a huge relief. 1 in 10 people with plated clavicle breaks don't heal. I was really worried we'd (or at least one of us) would be the 1 in 10. My hubbie's to o back to see the consultant in 2 months time as his break isn't healing as fast as I am. He had a complex break, with 2 shards of bone as well as the 2 main pieces. The next appointment is just to check all is well. I don't need to see the consultant again. Well, not that one. We see another, independent, one in July for our personal injury claim, but that's "paper work", so to speak.

The consultant seemed a little surprised we hadn't ridden since we'd last seen him, but we did what we were told (not the norm, but these aren't normal circumstances!). Now we're healing, Officially I can now ride a bike. As I say , officially. The Hornet is at the limits of what I can ride in terms of size for my strength and pre-crash ability. Given I get painful twinges in my shoulder when I do something different, I don't want that went riding. Also, I can just get my foot down on the Hornet, which was fine before the crash, but I don't know if I could cope with that at the moment. I might get a smaller bike (a 125 or 250) to build up again. In the meantime, my hubbie is going to ride the Hornet until he gets a replacement for the Pan. He took it for its first run today - for its MOT. It's only a month overdue!!!

Need to get a new lid now. I've replaced everything else, but had been putting off replacing the lid. The other things can go back to the shop if unused, but not the lid. I suppose I was really paranoid I'd never be able to ride again. Now I think I will, but it'll take time until everything is back to normal, whatever normal is...

No comments: