Sunday 31 May 2009

No riding yet

Well, for me, that is. Although I have been given the clear from the consultant to ride, I really don't feel I can ride my bike. Talk about all dressed-up with no-where to go!

It's mainly a strength thing. Also, only last night, I just moved my left arm slightly and I experienced a strong stabbing pain at the point where my clavicle attaches to my shoulder. It's not just sore, it's M&S sore!!! When I get these stabbing pains, the pain subsides after about 10-15 minutes, but I get a strange numbness in my hand and forearm. After last night's pain, the numbness was still there this morning.

With all of that in mind, that's the primary reason I don't feel I can ride at the moment. I'm more likely on the bike to put my arm in an "unusual" position. If I get a stabbing pain on the bike, it could be very dangerous. I need to use 2 arms riding. I can, for short periods in an emergency, use 1 arm driving. It's also an experience thing. I've been driving for 9 1/2 years, but passed my motorbike test just over a year ago. So, I'm more able to deal with things in the car than on a bike.

It's funny, before I got the stabbing pain last night, my hubbie and I had been talking about getting me a 250 to use. It would be a good compromise between the Hornet and a 125, in terms of weight (a Honda CB250 is about 30kg lighter than the Hornet) and power.

Hopefully I improve in time for getting a little riding later in the summer. I'd like to actually wear the jacket I ordered the week before the crash at some point!

No comments: