Monday 30 July 2007

The weekend

Over the weekend, I had 2 more sessions of lessons. I could definitely see my confidence improve as I got used to the van van and the motorbike controls. I was pleased I had made the decision to sit my test on the 125 as the more I looked at the Honda CB500, the more I thought I don't have the confidence to ride a bike that big at the moment. At the end of the day, I'd much rather pass my test on a 125, even with the restriction, than scare myself witless on the 500 and totally bottle it.

During the weekend's sessions, although there were some problems, they were getting significantly better. I think, as the control of the bike was becoming more automatic, I was then able to better concentrate on road craft and actually riding the machine.

Anyways, my test is tomorrow. Now, the main thing I have a concern with is the u-turn. This is the one thing that most people fail on. Okay, so it demonstrates good machine control at slow speed, but once you've passed your test, you need never do one again. Mmh, let's see. I need to point the bike in the opposite direction. Do I toil performing a u-turn, while riding the bike and keeping both feet on the pegs, or paddle it round...I wonder. It strikes me the later method is safer. My OH said just adopt the "it's now or never" attitude. It worked for him on his test.

All going well, I shall be a very happy chappy tomorrow. Watch this space to see how I got on.

No comments: